Thursday, August 15, 2013

Little Man: One Month Old

A month ago today, at this exact minute (it's currently 3:07 pm), I was in labor. I think I was about to receive my epidural, but that day was such a blur, that I'm not sure. It's even crazier to think that my due date was a mere four days ago! He certainly threw us for loop with his extremely early arrival, but I think we have adjusted pretty well. I'll have a mommyhood update for you tomorrow, in the meantime, here's Henrik's one month picture and a little update on him.


Weight: I unofficially weighed him this morning by getting on the scale with him and then weighing myself. Using this method, he weighed in at exactly 10 pounds this morning!

Length: At his two week appointment he was a little over 21" - 90% percentile for a full-term baby.

Clothing Size: The newborn stuff is starting to get tight on him, but three month is a little big yet. So he's in between right now.

Favorites: He is usually pretty happy in his Rock n Play or bouncer. At first he really liked his swing, but hasn't been into it the past week.

Milestones: Everything is a milestone at this point! Within the last month, he has had his first outing (Menards and Target); first bath (in the hospital... First bath at home was a few days later); his umbilical cord fell off around day 8 and the circumcision plastic-thingy fell off the next day; first time away from mom (a couple of weeks ago, dad took him over to Grandpa and Grandma's for a couple of hours in the morning so I could catch up on sleep); first bottle (with breast milk) and first actual tears while crying (a couple of days ago). I am sure there are more that I am missing, like I said, every day is something new right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment