Thursday, May 2, 2013

BumpDate 25-ish Weeks


How has it been three weeks since my last update? As of today, I am 25 weeks, four days. I’m still feeling great, but still get tired pretty easily. For instance, on Sunday, I got up around 7:30, showered, ate a couple of doughnuts (don’t judge) and then laid down for a nap around 9:30. Slept until about 11 am, unpacked some boxes, made lunch and laid back down at 3 for another two hour nap. And I was still asleep by 10:30 that night. It was kind of a disappointment after I had an incredibly productive Saturday.

Speaking of Saturday, I hit up my first garage sales of the season. The first few I went to were meh, OK. The last one – I hit the jackpot! I got a Baby Einstein bouncy thing (think excer-saucer minus the saucer), a motion detector/alarm for the crib and a TON of name brand baby boy sleepers and rompers. Pretty much cleaned them out of 0-3 month and most of their 6 month clothing.


After the garage sales, I was so pumped, I went and got groceries, came home and cleaned/unpacked and we made it into town for a movie. (We saw “42” the movie about Jackie Robinson. We went with my parents because my dad is a HUGE baseball fanatic. Great movie that isn’t really about baseball even though it is a central theme.) While that doesn’t sound like a ton, it must have been since I was so wiped on Sunday.
Aside from my busy weekend, I have noticed a few unwelcome pregnancy related things.

First – spider veins. I think I am prone to these as I had some pre-pregnancy, but I’ve noticed more of them on my ankles and calves. Not cool.

Second – that god-awful line down the middle of the belly. I refuse to post any bare belly shots on social media, so you’ll just have to take my word for it that it’s there and darkening by the day. (Admittedly, it’s still pretty light. But I know it’s there.)

Third – swollen fingers and ankles. Again, admittedly, it’s not that bad yet. I can still wear my wedding ring and most of my shoes, but with the warmer weather we’ve had recently, I think my days of both are limited. Thankfully, it’s almost sandal season so that will help with the ankle/feet swelling situation. I am also ordering a new fake ring for my ring finger as it will drive me bonkers to not have anything on that finger for three more months.
My swollen, spidery-veiny ankles

Oh jeeze – how could I forget my ultrasound last Friday?! We went in for a follow up ultrasound and long story short, Baby Ripke is doing great! He’s measuring a week early and is in the 79th percentile for his weight. I Googled “baby birth weight 79thpercentile” and from what I found, that would put him at around 9-ish pounds if he’s full term. Bryan was around 9 and I was 8 lbs, 14 oz, so I figured he’d be about that size. I am mentally prepared for anything in the 9’s, anything above that I may reconsider things. (Like I have a choice at this point).

Man, I really shouldn’t wait three weeks to update this. There is more to tell – we had our Birthplace Tour, bought some baby furniture and put paint samples on the wall. I am sure there is more than that, but that will be another post.

I hope you are all tolerating this change in weather (at least in the midwest) better than I am, because I am really upset by it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment