Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Dryer Died and it's the Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me

Sunday night I was doing laundry in the condo we are currently renting while our new house is being built, when the dryer suddenly starting making a REALLY bad noise. Like, I thought Wrigley was back from the dead and trapped inside the moving dryer. B called our landlord and it turns out our condo is the last condo of his with washer/dryers and once they're done, he's not replacing them.

So here I sit with two loads of wet laundry and no dryer. I'll for sure be making a trip to the laundry mat in town tonight to get those dry. This however does not fix the situation we are facing for the next month and a half until our house is done.

Let me add to this story by saying that ever since I got pregnant, I have completely stopped all household chores. I run a Swiffer over the coffee tables once an inch or so of dust has built up and B will get the vacuum out once the dog hair has coated the carpet, other than that, it's been take-out and seeing how long we can go without doing laundry.

So you can imagine how excited I am to have to sit in a laundry mat for approximately three hours every 1-2 weeks.

I should note, I am starting to feel better and am getting a very small amount of energy back. Still doesn't mean I want to spend that energy sitting in a laundry mat with college kids and my town's finest.

Enter - laundry service! I just talked to B and after giving him my sob story and cost comparison, he gave me the go ahead to send our laundry out - at least for a couple of weeks to see what the actual cost is.

Oh my God. The dryer dying is the best thing that has ever happened. to me!


PS - does anyone else LOVE Someecards.com? If you know me, you know sarcasm is a second language to me and I find I connect with a lot of the cards on Someecard's site. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment